Monday, May 12, 2014

Parade

Do you hear that?
Can you hear the drums
and horns?
Off in the distance,
there is dancing
and balloons
and it is coming this way!
That beat - vibrating off my skin
Don’t you see the sparkle
of brilliant colors in my eyes?
My smile?
Damn, that parade is jamming!
The color-guard is coming in
I’m gonna pick up a flag
Waving this banner high
Stopping traffic
while little kids clap along

Have you seen me dance
to the beat of my own drum?
Have you seen the colors
I can paint the world in?
Have you seen my inner 5 year old
and the way she stares in wonder?
Have you seen the trail
I've blazed?

The rain can come
and I will dance in it
Face turned up
Smiling

Once I left the shadows
and felt the sun
I grabbed hold
Let it burn
as I swallowed one of its rays
There is always summer in this heart

And the band plays on…

No comments: