Thursday, May 8, 2014

Envy

I envy those
strong in faith
The people who
answer life's challenges
With "God is good"
"Through him,
all things are possible"
"He has a plan for everything"

Parts of me
get annoyed
by the apparent
lack of responsibility
on their part

What ever happened to
"God helps those
who help themselves"?

I have faith
Not that rigid,
but I have faith
Been through
and seen too much
not to

Trust,
I have asked
and received

But sometimes
I wonder if the faith
of putting your life
In the hands of some
unseen entity
is another form
of ignorant bliss

That level of
passive aggressive
balance between
responsibility
for your choices
and giving up
control of your life

But for all that,
there is security
in blind faith
A special degree
of optimism

And I envy the
heck out of it

No comments: