Sunday, October 26, 2008

Trying to Write the Perfect Love Poem

Papers balled upon the floor
Pages ripped from notebooks
Scratched words from the page
So many words in the world
yet none can describe this feeling
I sit here, writing a love poem
for no one in particular
but just for love itself
I think of all the kisses I miss
the warm nights in warm arms
Those butterflies fluttering in my tummy
I think of those moments that make me smile
The type of smile that affects everything
That makes you forget about everything
Promises made under moon and starlight
Hands held in pouring rain
I think about the passion that come from bare hands on bare skin
The world that sweat slicked bodies dance in
Those moments when time and space disappear
and there is only here and now
and each other
I think of the fights that build strength
and the tears that show compassion
I think about skipped heart beats
lost breaths
stolen kisses
sweet whispers
soft caresses
cute pet names
long telephone conversations
moments of silence that say more than words

Another page crumpled and on the floor
'cause the words just can't describe the feeling
I sit here writing a love poem
for no one in particular

No comments: