Sunday, November 17, 2013

One Day

One day,
I will find the man
who will take the time
to read all the lines
and then in between them.

Who will see all the love, joy, pain, and struggle
the darkness and light
and still love me
for all that I am.

One day,
I will find the man
who wants to build a family with me,
one boy, one girl
and maybe even more
And he'll find his inner child
to sit and play with us.

One day,
I will find the man
who will love my spazzy dances
and do things just to make me happy
so the dances will never stop.

He'll listen to me ramble about
quantum physics and time space continuums
and be amused,
knowing I'll follow it up
with something equally as random.
I don't need him to understand
just to listen.

One day,
I will find a man
who will sing songs with me.
And even if he doesn't keep the note,
he'll still keep the beat.
And even if he doesn't like the melody,
will smile, laugh, and love me anyways.

One day,
I will find a man
full of passion
for life, for love, for me.
I don't want it confined to the bedroom.
I want it to define him
Passionate
even if it brings more heat to our battles,
I'll know he cares for me just as fiercely.

One day,
I will find a man
who will protect and provide
and understand that I will never
mean a blow to his ego when I do it on my own.
He just knows that I've been so used
to doing it alone.

No comments: